More About Me!
My name is Amelia. I love:
- Most types of Music-I sing classically, and musical theatre, I play the Ukulele, I love A Capella, and I mostly listen to bands like The Shins, The Smiths, The Beatles, The Pixies, The Postal Service, MGMT, Black Kids, James Blake, Grizzly Bear, and oh so many more…
- Photography- I’m much better at darkroom photography, but I haven’t scanned any of it yet, so… Here’s my flickr anyways though.
- Painting-I’m not the best at it but I want to be really really badly so I do it a lot.
- Gardening- The same applies, I’m growing a few herbs and vegetables on my balcony!
- Cooking/Baking-If you didn’t catch on to this earlier, you need to pay more attention.
- Tea- I’m obsessed. I also love a good cup of coffee but I’m less obsessed.
- Film- I’m obsessed with good movies. I’m always up for recommendations, but my instant queue on Netflix has about 70 movies on it, so I can’t guarantee I’ll always get to your recommendations.
- Theatre- I used to stage manage, and when I’m in college, I would really like to do more of that. And directing. I have ALWAYS wanted to direct more than ANYTHING.
- Sociology and Social Activism-I took a class this past summer and I’m obsessed. I’m also an officer of my school’s Gay Straight Alliance. Ask to see my It Gets Better Video!
- Drawing-I’m slowly getting more and more into drawing!
- Graphic Design-Photoshop and InDesign all day erryday bb. And I taught myself minimal HTML a while back.
- The WORLD- I have an obsessive need to travel, even though the only time I left the Northeast US was to go to Canada a few times when I was too young to appreciate it and spent the whole time fighting with my family. And I recently went to New Orleans, which was one of the greatest experiences of my life.
- Science- I love Biology and Chemistry. Which actually relates to how I got into nutrition-because I love anatomy! I don’t know if entomology counts totally in this category but I think insects are some of the coolest things in the universe.